AKA: Answers to many (or maybe all!) of your questions! Here we go…
How and when do I book a photo session?
- Please email me – Jamie (Photographer and Owner of Live Love Lens) – at Jamie@livelovelens.com or complete Contact Form to begin the booking process. We will discuss your vision for the session and brainstorm creative ideas!
- An online signed contract is required, as well as a 50% deposit, to book the session. Contract and Payment are processed online.
- Advanced booking is recommended. My schedule fills up quickly. I have more availability during the week, and less on weekends. The earlier we book, the better.
How long will our photo session be and what can I expect?
- Our session will be fun, laid back and playful. I can almost guarantee you will leave saying, “Wow that was really fun! I can’t wait to see the photos!”
- The session will last approximately 90 minutes for a family session, up to 3 hours for a newborn session, and 45 minutes for an individual session. We will take short breaks in between locations or poses.
- One outfit change can be done for the longer sessions, and we can incorporate fun and playful props too.
- We will pick the location(s) ahead of time and we will use all available spots during our session.
- For sessions with young children I encourage you to bring snacks, drinks, and couple of toys/comfort items. Also your child’s favorite doll/book – something that will catch her attention.
When and where will our photo shoot take place?
- We will have at least one phone consultation to discuss all aspects of our session; an important piece being the location and time.
- I also send a questionnaire to get to know you and your family better.
- Any location in NJ within 20 miles of Maplewood, NJ is included in the package. I travel to NYC on a case by case basis.
- Most prefer the outdoors for their session – one’s backyard, a local park, or a waterfront location. I prefer to shoot in outdoor areas with ample shade; bright sunlight can be very harsh for portraits. If we shoot on the waterfront, this location will be part of our shoot, but will not be our only location.
What happens if it rains on the day of our photo session?
- We will keep an eye on the forecast a couple days before and if reports show chance of rain we will make a decision by 8pm the night before. If the forecast looks “iffy” then we will touch base early in the morning to decide. I try not to cancel if it’s just overcast or misty. The most important thing is for you to be happy and comfortable so we will absolutely reschedule if weather is inclement.
What happens if someone in my family is sick or we have an emergency?
- I collect a 50% non-refundable deposit upon booking. Of course I understand if you need to reschedule because of sickness or emergency. I will work with you to reschedule to another time that works for both of us. If you decide to cancel completely, the deposit will not be refunded.
What should I wear?
- I love when a family/couple coordinates but is not totally matching.
- Wear colors as opposed to neutrals – at least some pops of color. It adds a nice visual element to the photos.
- I have a Pinterest board dedicated to family session clothing ideas.
- Textures/layers/accessories are great (but not too many!!). Think a bright scarf with a blazer. Or a funky necklace over a solid tee shirt. For stylish guys, a funky fedora in a few shots is nice. Kids look great in colorful tutus, scarves, or stylish hats.
- Shoes are just as important as clothing – please stay away from athletic sneakers or tattered shoes– you will see them in the photos.
- Please no big graphics or licensed characters. Stay away from large pattern prints. They tend to make people look larger, and usually clash with the other people in the photos.
- I strongly recommend trying on ALL clothing (for all family members) several days prior to allow for changes if you are not happy with how things look.
What is the financial investment?
- A professional photo session should be looked at as an investment – these are professional images that are carefully crafted for you to enjoy forever.
- Prints, photo items, and high resolution files are purchased separately.
- There are several print packages available which are a great value.
- Please email Jamie@livelovelens.com to receive detailed pricing info.
ACCESSING PHOTOS/PURCHASING PHOTOS:
How do I view my photos after our session? How do I order photos?
- From the several hundred shots taken, I quickly toss aside all the “closed-eyes” and “hair-in-the-face shots”. From there I select the best images (ranging from 25-65 images depending on session type). They will reflect all parts of our session. Each of these images is then carefully edited before they are presented to you.
- I partner with an extraordinary company used by thousands of photographers for your online gallery and eCommerce site. You will receive a unique gallery link where your photos will “live” online, and where you will order prints, wall art, and more.
- You have two weeks to take advantage of discount packages, and a total of four weeks to make print and product choices.
What should I order from my gallery?
- The bigger the better. Yes, 8×10’s are SMALL – especially when hung on the wall. Go bigger – you will be happier. 16×24’s and 20×30 prints, canvases, and metals make beautiful art.
- Photo Albums are a modern and stylish way to have a record of our photo session – my clients are loving their albums!
- I offer guidance and suggestions after our session so you can choose the best ways to display your photos.
Will I get the digital files?
- You will receive some low-res files for social media. These photos are not to be printed. They have my copyright watermark on them for online protection but you can share them and keep them for viewing.
- Hi-res digital files can be purchased separately in bundles.
Are the images copyrighted?
- Yes, all images are copyrighted by Jamie Meier at Live Love Lens Photography. It is illegal to scan, copy, alter, download, redistribute, email, and reproduce images without permission. If I post a photo to Facebook, you can re-post on your page, but please leave my copyright mark visible, and please do not crop the images.
Do you offer discount to loyal clients?
- Yes! Repeat clients receive 10% off their next session fee + $50 print credit. I love working with my clients more than once!
What does your editing include?
- Photographer’s post-processing work includes correction for exposure and composition, color/contrast edits, basic eye color enhancement, and other corrections/enhancements within Photographer’s artistic vision. Any additional editing requests must be discussed within the first seven days following gallery being published and are subject to Photographer’s approval. Extra enhancements are agreed to under Photographer’s terms. An hourly fee will be charged for additional editing work. (Examples are fixing bald spots, removing acne, correcting blemish/bruises). Please note I do not make adjustments to body type or weight.